It’s Valentine’s Day this week and there is romance in the air and on our minds! In celebration of all things LOVE – we look at the most gorgeous ways – to beautify your day……..
Bathtime Bliss – Red Roses
Red Roses Bath Oil – Jo Malone – £38
Like bathing with rose petals! This special bath oil uses 7 different types of roses and leaves your skin incredibly soft. Pour into your tub as you get ready for a romantic evening. The aroma is out of this world……
Red Hot Romance – The Ultimate Lips & Nails
Red lips are all about romance! Match your nails for polished Hollywood glam
Lipstick – £15, Nail Polish – £11 and Lip Glass – £14 http://www.maccosmetics.com/
Choose one of these sublime perfumes to really wow……
Angel – Thierry Mugler – £55
Incredible, oriental gourmand that is unlike anything else. Stunning bottle that looks amazing on your dressing table.
An unrivalled classic – my absolute favourite.
Allure Sensuelle – Chanel
You want sexy, seductive and classy. That’s Chanel Allure Sensuelle
A soft floral oriental with notes of vanilla and amber – gorgeous!
Estee Lauder Private Collection – Tuberose and Gardenia
This is really special. Elegant, feminine and perfect as we approach Spring. Exotic, creamy and soft with fresh notes.
Have a beautiful Valentine’s Day…….
February 12, 2014 No Comments
Warm up for Winter with beautiful BERRY lips. Everything from soft plum through to deep merlot works and looks amazing with all the luxe fabrics of the season. Add matching nails and grey eyeliner for an elegant feel or keep everything super simple to really show off that pout.
Lea Michelle’s delicate gown is complimented with a soft berry lip
Ashley Madekwe looks perfect in matte plum
Miranda Kerr gives us high gloss, high glamour
Rihanna goes for soft rich tones – perfect for day or night
Lily Collins and Julianne Hough go dark for extra drama
The colours work so well with rich textures – velvet, lace, leather. Flattering all skintones, this warm lip hue brings out your eye colour and gives you a sexy, glam feel.
Get the look
Mac Rebel – £15
L’Oreal Colour Riche – Plum Explosion
Clinique Chubby Stick in Pudgy Peony
Bare Minerals Marvellous Moxie in Live Large
Bobbi Brown Blackberry – £19
December 4, 2013 No Comments
It’s HOT HOT HOT! On gorgeous glorious sun filled days like these – the best place to be is in the water! But for the city chicks who are busy being fabulous in town and can’t just dive in, how do you keep your cool? Make up melting, hot sticky and humid, take up residence next to the nearest fan and check out our top tips for chilling out……You may not be able to immerse yourself in the pool while you check your emails but you can Beat the Heat – The All Things Stylish Way………..
1. Fan Time! Buy a hand fan – or buy 10. They are inexpensive, pretty, feminine and can accessorise your outfit. They really work!!! Your friends will all want one. You can buy them so cheaply in Chinatown and you will wonder how you lived without them. I also pick them up in Spain whenever I’m there but Chinatown has an abundance and they are beautifully designed. They have plain ones too for the guys in our life although when its this hot, they don’t care! Paper, wood, silk, cloth – all work and are perfect to keep you cool on the tube, in a taxi and in a bar…..
2. Heat proof your make up! Choose a long lasting transfer proof foundation and keep it in the fridge. YSL Teint Resist – £29.50 – is brilliant and has great coverage. It will feel cool going on, last and last.
Buy waterproof eye shadow and liner – MAC has the best and they are made for swimming – so London heat won’t defeat it. Powerpoint Pencils £14 and Paintpot in Chilled on Ice – a cool Shimmer Gold – £15 – always looks good.
Sticky gloss in the heat is not a good look. Clean up with a cool lip stain that gives you a whisper of colour – Benefit’s Benetint is still the best – £22. Chanel Powder Papers – £22 are ideal for on the go chic blotting.
3. Cool the skin! Apply a cooling body lotion throughout the day, whenever you feel like you are at boiling point. Aloe Vera kept in the fridge is ideal for sunburn – as its instantly cools and calms – so our overheated city skin can benefit from the same treatment. It will feel wonderful in the baking heat.
4. Spray Away! Invest in one of the ice skin sprays.I discovered them in a hot studio where the tv hosts were surviving with spritzes in between takes. It works!
Perlier Lemon Sorbet Refreshing Ice Granita – feels and smells amazing, actually ‘crackling’ on your skin and instantly cooling you down. Buy at the Home Shopping Network – www.hsn.com. or head to Boots NOW for their brilliant Hot Weather Cooling Spray and keep it in the fridge.
5. Wear Cotton! Its a natural fibre that’s breathable and a whole lot cooler than man made fabrics. Feels great on the skin too.
6. Pop it! Ice lollies are ideal for cooling you down when the temperatures soars. Buy a box of ice pops and stick them in the freezer at work and home. I had about 4 this afternoon and felt instantly cooler.
7. Dip it! Cooling your hands, feet, temples, wrists and neck – makes a massive instant difference. Pop to the bathroom and run a cold sink and dip them in!
8. Ice up! Buy a eye cooler mask and stick in the freezer. Place on face during breaks at work. Everyone is in the same boat – they will all want to borrow! Relaxing Gel Mask from Out of the Blue – on Amazon – £2.38 – bargain! Also eases headaches and helps puffy eyes – fantastic!
9. Take a trip….to the ice bar! Where else in London is icy cool at this time of year? Suggest meetings take place at The Ice Bar…
– http://www.belowzerolondon.com/ £14- £16 per person which includes a free iced vodka. After work drinks anyone?
Other top tips……Buy an Electric Fan and keep it by the bed at home. I turn mine on as soon as I get in and close the curtains. Splash cold water on your face and lie next to the fan, it makes a big difference. Keep a flannel in the freezer and fridge and apply to pressure points. Sleep in cotton sheets……
All Things Stylish – dedicated to keeping you cool!
July 17, 2013 No Comments
Only the best make up in world……and a sublime celeb collaboration! Rihanna launches her Summer collection for MAC this week, on sale in the States now and worldwide tomorrow – 20th June.
RiRi Hearts MAC Summer is an online-exclusive colour collection created by the global superstar.
For the lips…..RiRi Woo a stunning classic red pictured above, Heaux – a pretty matte berry – RiRi Boy – a vivid lavender – all $15.
For the skin…..Hibiscus Kiss Coral Blush and Matte Bronze Duo $26 and Barbados Girl Rose Gold Bronzer Lustre Drops – $20
Great colours, lovely consistency – just beautiful. Get a bit of Ri Ri in your life!
June 19, 2013 No Comments
THE shade of the season is the perfect Pastel Pink. A gorgeous smooth chalky pink with a very modern feel for 2013.
It’s been a style staple of mine for some time so its great to see the shops packed with such a wide variety of colours. From pale bubblegum to candy neon, pastel pink suits everyone. It gives you a fresh look that isn’t too ‘done’ – a chilled Summertime feel, perfect for poolside or on the dancefloor. It looks like you haven’t tried too hard = while all around you girls ask – WHERE did you get that gloss?
Get the look…..
L – R
Liv – Illamasqua -£17 – ASOS
Kiss Me Colour – Philosophy – – £6.51
Viva Glam Nicki 2 – MAC – – £14
4 – Barry M – £2.80 – ASOS
Perfect Pink – Two Faced – £35 – beautylish.com
Pink Lily – Bobbi Brown – £15 – John Lewis
Maybe Baby – Viva La Diva – £6.95 – nelly.com
Schiap – NARS – £17
Cherie Bow – Addict by DIOR – £20
June 6, 2013 No Comments