Posts from — February 2011
It usually happens to me as I am rushing to leave the house in the morning, to find I have deodorant stains on the tank top I want to wear, or the jeans I need haven’t been altered yet 🙁
If like me you are prone to having ONE OF THOSE DAYS, I highly recommend keeping these items to hand, so you are ready for any wardrobe 911 or latte spill that might happen.
- Double – stick tape $8.99 Use strips to help bra straps stay put, reattach hems, close gaps between buttons, repair split seams.
- Shoe Polish Pen $12.95 To colour in any blemishes on your heels.
- Instant Hem $19.95 Reusable snap strips, use this on days that you want to switch from heels to flats
- Dryer Sheets $9.99 Rub over tights and clothing to banish static
- Rubber Bands or hair elastic $12.99 Loop one through a button hole and attach both ends to the button for more breathing room in a tight waist
- Earring Backs $6.99 Keep a stash of spare back in case yours goes missing
- Sponge Eraser $10 Erases everything from deodorant to scuffs on clothing, incredible
- Super Glue $3.49 Apply a thin layer to a flapping sole or a broken heel for an instant temporary fix
- Sewing Kit $13.95 Use to darn holes or to replace buttons or snaps. A safety pin could replace a broken necklace clasp
- Sweater Shaver Stone $5.69 De – fuzz that sweater and make it look like new
- Clear Polish $8 Stop a run in your Hosiery
- Stain Remover $12.50 Fabulous to clean up any spills after lunch
February 23, 2011 No Comments
I have just discovered my latest nail varnish obsession so I wanted to share it with you guys as I know you will all love it too. The varnish has recently been released by OPI as part of a celebrity-inspired collection along with four other colours. The product I love is called “Black Shatter” as it is so unique and was created by Katy Perry.
The colours are: Teenage Dream (a dark pink sparkle), Not Like the Movies(dark metallic silver), Last Friday Night (a bright blue glitter), The One That Got Away (a dark berry purple) and most interesting shade is Black Splatter that creates a cracked textured look when applied over dried nail polish. You can use the crackle glass over any other colour though, I love to wear it over gold.
Here are my tips on how to apply the “Shatter” product.
Step 1: Start with clean nails and apply your base coat
Step 2: Apply your nail colour, depending on the colour you choose, you might be able to get away with using a single coat.
Step 3: Apply a thin coat of crack polish, making sure not to go over the same section more than once as this will ruin the effect.
Step 4: OPI “Black Shatter” is a matte black finish so you can leave it Matte or apply a topcoat for a high gloss finish if you prefer.
Have fun, you will seriously spoilt for choice with all the colour options! Click here to find out more information opi.com
Lots of Love x
February 4, 2011 No Comments
Come on boys: Time to get shopping and buy the lovely lady in your life a gift! Go on spoil her this year 🙂
Here are a few idea’s to help you out of things I like 🙂
- Pink silk & French leavers lace high-waisted knickers $80
- Red Roses
- L’Artisan Parfumeur $115
- Crumbs Cupcakes $27
- CC Skye Love Necklace $110
- Heart Ring in Rose or Yellow Gold $250
- Moet & Chandon rosé bottle, at select stores around the world $120
- Chan Luu Leather and Diamond Heart Bracelet $280
- We are Owls Skull Scarf $175
February 4, 2011 1 Comment
Stuck as to what to buy the man in your life This Valentine? Here are some of the items on my list this year. If nothing here takes your fancy, I suggest treating yourself to some Agent Provocateur lingerie and gift wrapping yourself! 😉
February 3, 2011 1 Comment