Posts from — January 2011
Only a week to go before I take the red-eye to London, the count down has begun! Here are my other flying essentials 🙂
Make up may seem like an odd necessity to some of you, but I always carry basic essentials on board the plane. When I am flying long haul I usually clean my face once on board and re-apply before I land. Here are my fail proof tips for you jet-setters out there!
- Foundation $59 I find mixing a little with moisturiser will even out your skin tone and prevent your skin looking tired
- Moisturiser $49.95 Recycled air in the cabin can be really damaging for your skin, so facial moisturiser is a must! This product I highly recommend as it keeps your skin hydrated and won’t break you out
- Mascara $6 This is my all time favourite mascara. Add tons of volume to lashes so you look wide awake and not too expensive if the flight dries it out.
- Concealer $28 – To hide any under eye circles or bags. I swear by this brand
- Eyebrow pencil $22 I have very light eyebrows naturally, so I need to fill them in a little.
- Eyeliner/EyeShadow $22 – Personally I love using black eye shadow to define my eyes as it looks a lot more natural. To do this I dampen my brush and apply close to the base of the lashes. It will make even tired eyes pop
- Lip Balm $10 My lips get so dry when I travel and this is the one product i have found that keeps them hydrated and can double up as a hand cream.
- Facial Wipes $7 I cannot fly without these beauties! Great if you spill anything down your clothes too!
- Blusher $26 – It adds a healthy glow to your face
- Make up Purse $55
January 19, 2011 No Comments
I am due to fly back to the UK in a couple of weeks hence the inspiration for this blog post. It got me thinking about the early days of flying, when boarding a plane was a privilege and usually reserved for the rich and famous. Men wore suits and the woman, beautiful dresses, this is when people had class and style!
Victoria and David Beckham are always impeccably turned out, but for the rest of us it is a much more exhausting process. Maybe it’s the extra security check points, customs and immigration or just all the waiting. They all take their toll but whatever class you travel in, deciding on that perfect assemble can be a mine field and comfort is key. Please, no more Ugg boots and sweatpants, save those for when you are at home or once you are on the plane.
January 12, 2011 No Comments
Girls your new resolution should be to Invest in Underwear that fits
Happy New Year everyone and welcome to 2011!
We all know that ill fitting underwear can ruin the shape of any outfit, so one of my first style resolution for the new year would be go get measured. A professional bra fitter can determine if you, like most women, are wearing a wrong-sized band or if you cups are too small which will give you the boob wedgie as I call it. The same can be said for ill-fitting knickers, too snug can create unsightly bulges while visible pantie lines (VPL’s) can ruin the look of any outfit.
Seriously ladies, the right fit can totally change your body shape and in some cases even take you down a dress size.
If you are unable to get into a store to be professionally measured or feeling slightly shy, then I can highly recommend a fabulous website that I just recently ordered from. My purchase came beautifully wrapped with great tips on how to care for your lingerie. The website has great customer service and are happy to offer advice. I found Linda’s Bra Calculator and the Bra Problem Guide particularly helpful.
Every girl in my opinion needs at least the following bras:
Seam Free Underwear
January 8, 2011 No Comments
January 7, 2011 1 Comment