Posts from — December 2010
Metallic make up was a huge runway trend this Fall, the perfect colour to wear this New Year. In order to get the look right you need choose the right tones to compliment your skin tone, follow these basic guidelines.
If you have light to medium skin, try shades like pale gold, silver, champagne and rose golds. If you have medium to dark skin, try bronze, copper and true golds. It only takes a touch of metallic on one feature at a time, so choose whether you want the eyes, cheeks or lips to be the focus.
For fast sparkly eyes, add just a dot of silver or gold on the inside corners near the tear ducts. This will draw people’s gaze up to this area and illuminates the area. I like to use Mac pigments as these rich pigments so a little goes a very long way.
For a more smokey look go for the Stila Smoky Eye kit. With this palette you can define the eyes in layers of metallic hues so use the darkest color at the lash line and lighten as you blend up towards the brow bone. Add the highlighter in the kit on the brow bone and to the inside corners of your eyes. Line your rims with black eyeliner and lashings of black mascara to complete this look.
Another quick make up idea I like, is to use glitter eyeliner on your upper lid and keep the rest of the eye neutral.
If lips are your best asset and you are not really sure how to wear metallic on them, choose sheer glosses in bronze or gold and use alone or layered on top of other lip colours, I love these mini shades by Lipstick Queen and they fit perfectly in your clutch.
If you don’t have time to try out new shades of make up then why not go for my favourite nail colour right now by OPI and accessories with this cool CC Skye two finger ring.
December 30, 2010 No Comments
I wanted to put a couple of outfit ideas together for the New Year parties which are now only days away. Here are a couple of my favourites that are in Catch Boutique right now.
Camilla & Marc – The Mena Frock Dress
David Lerner – Lace Dress
Have a fabulous New Years!!
December 27, 2010 No Comments
I thought I would post a couple of pictures from today’s Christmas festivities and show off my Christmas table. The parents flew in from London which added to the chaos, luckily I wasn’t in charge of the cooking!.
You cannot go wrong with a bit of pink Champagne!
Louis guarding the gifts around the tree.
Bam Bam’s first Christmas
December 26, 2010 3 Comments
The Lint Roller
Lint rollers have to be one of the best inventions and get me fuzz-free fast and I use them regularly when on shoots. For me having a fluffy white Shih Tzu has always made wearing black clothes a bit of a problem and now to make things worse, I just rescued a fluffy black puppy too. Obviously I was not thinking fashion when I saw this adorable little puppy. I now keep a lint roller by the front door and another mini roller in my car.
Lint Roller $3.75
My personal favourite for sticking power are by Scotch 🙂
December 22, 2010 1 Comment
Picking the perfect outfit for the upcoming Skiing/Snowboarding season can be a difficult task for some. For me it is my favourite part of the trip. Not only do you need to choose an outfit that will keep you warm, but you also need to choose one that looks stylish for the Apres ski parties. I nicknamed my sister ‘Sloane Street Boarder’ as she wears her clothes true to size, where as I am an ex Seasonaire, lived in the French Alps for two winters and wear my clothes at least two sizes too big.
Here are my picks for 2011, have fun and stay safe!
The Sloane Boarder
- Burton Snowboard Jacket $204
- Burton Snow Pants $149.95
- Electric Hot Pink Goggles $39.95
- Burton Limited Edition Lipstick Snowboard $469.95
- Burton Veda Mitt $89.95
- Burton Stud Belt $29.95
- Burton Lexa Bindings $219.95
- Burton Q Boarding Boot $299.95
- Burton Married to the Mob Snowboard $489.95
- Electric White Goggles $79.95
- Burton Tabloid Gingham Jacket $204.95
- Burton Black Pants $189.95
- Burton Leather Gloves $49.95
- Burton Studded Belt $29.95
- Wildfox Electric Beanie $58
- 32 Snowboard boots $180
- Burton Escapade Bindings $269.95
- Burton Flannel Shirt $45
December 21, 2010 No Comments
It seems like the whole world is experiencing crazy weather right now, But what to wear I hear you ask!!
In London they are building snowmen and in LA we have torrential rain falls. What is going on?? Here are my picks to avoid a fashion disaster!
- Improvd Over Coat $420 I love this coat! Fashion forward but practical
- Kain Stripe Tank $76 Easy layering piece
- Zgallerie Samauri Sword $29.95 A fab new take on the umbrella.
- Biker Boot $422.38 Love these instead of wellies
- Stephen Webster Astro Ball Necklace Gift from my amazing Boyfriend
- Stephen Webster Superstud Ring Another B-day gift 🙂
- Earnest Alexander Wax Bag $265 The perfect item to keep your iphone and essentials dry
- Lizzie Scheck Spike Stud Earrings $350 Add these to complete the look, great if your hair is scraped back off your face
December 20, 2010 1 Comment
I love this time of the year, but as usual it is my busiest so it has been hard to find the time to decorate. I thought I would post a few pictures for you all to see how festive my apartment looks.
To decorate my tree I added these cute butterflies which I re-sprayed silver to match the rest of the colour scheme.
To decorate my mantle piece I found a plain wreath from Michael’s and then added sliver ribbon and baubles, very simple and easy to do and an awful lot cheaper than buying a finished one from a store.
December 19, 2010 2 Comments
- Nixon Watch $400
- Prada Wallet $355
- LNA Mens Hoodie $165
- Earnest Alexander Messenger Bag $365
- Knuckle Duster Bottle Opener $25
- Phillippe Stark Gun Table Lamp $948
- Rayban Sunglasses $140
- Black Wax Men’s Wash Bag $160
- Voluspa Baltic Amber Diffuser $48
- Charcoal Grey Wool Necktie $110
- Chrome Iphone Case $35
- Chocolate Wax Canvas Overnight Bag $395
- PRPS Men’s Jeans $455
- Rolling Stone Box Set $180
December 18, 2010 3 Comments
Girls, let me just say, even i don’t mind ironing my man’s shirts when it is this quick and I am far from being a domestic goddess.
A small portable steamer is a fantastic investment and will save you hours of time at the ironing board, It can change your life! I would recommend investing in a good quality brand though, as the saying goes, you get what you pay for. I just road tested my new hand held steamer today on a shoot and it did a perfect job!
10% of the retail price on this pink little number goes towards Breast Cancer Research too!
December 16, 2010 4 Comments
The holidays are nearly upon us and I am still frantically shopping. This year I vowed to not leave it till last minute, but as usual time has flown by! These gift guides are for those of you, that still have gifts to buy or they could be used as a subtle hints to the boyfriend or husband still needs to shop!
- Lace Cut away Gloves $34
- Chan Luu Cashmere Scarf $150
- Voluspa White Truffle Candle $54
- Chanel Gift Set $69
- Ceramic Floral Vase $50
- White Zgallerie Suitcases $60
- Fornasetti L’ape Candle $150
- Chanel Eye Shadow $45
- Swatch Watch $118
- Restoration Hardware Blanket $29
- Silk Pillow Case $99
- Cheese Platter £99
- D.L & Co Edelweiss Candle Set $40
- Mongolian Cushion $45
December 15, 2010 2 Comments